Friday, July 18, 2014

1960's Arlen Maple Leaf China

I am surrounded by thrift stores. I visit them quite often, at least once a week. I found this complete set of 1960's Arlen Maple Leaf china at a local thrift for $39. There are 8 complete place settings that include a dinner plate, a curved salad plate, a curved dessert plate, a bread plate, and a teacup with saucer. The set also includes a sugar bowl and creamer. The set is in near mint condition, only having slight knife marks on the dinner plates from light use. We registered for some china for our wedding, so we didn't need another set. So we got this set for a dear family that grew up with my husband.

I couldn't miss sharing this gorgeous find with my blog friends, here it is:


I couldn't believe how these pieces filled up my table! It made my table feel small. I added candles to my pair of Gorham Queen Anne hurricanes that I found at another local thrift over a year ago for $7. I was so happy to find these, they match our Gorham Queen Anne cake serving pieces and toasting flutes from our wedding. The family that got this china also gifted us a Gorham Queen Anne lidded candy dish for our wedding, which I treasure. 


I placed the settings on top of inexpensive silver chargers that I found at Walmart a while ago. I think the chargers add a muted flair to the setting and shows off the gray/ slate blue tones in the china ...


The china is trimmed in gold, so I didn't want to use my gold chargers.


The teacups and saucers are gorgeous - and so dainty! That is the bread plate under the saucer. I was running out of table space!


I used my tatted napkin rings that I found at a local thrift. I also found these vintage white linen napkins at an estate sale, $1 for a set of 6. I love them, they go with anything. Look at that intricate leaf pattern!


I let the napkins slightly hang off the end of the table for drama. I also used my vintage silver-plated silverware that I found at a local thrift. I use this set for just about every table setting. I got my money's worth! 


Here's another shot of a place setting. I used our crystal drinking glasses that we received from my husband's grandmother at my bridal shower. They were hers and they mean so much to us! She unfortunately passed away 6 months after our wedding, but we are so glad that we got to share that special time with her. We miss her sweetness everyday. She was such a lovely lady, I am so glad that I got to meet her.


This china blows me away. I think it would look especially gorgeous in the fall. I am so happy that I got to get this for our sweet family. 


Here is the sugar bowl and creamer. I just love their shape!


We hope that you have a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by!

We are linking up at Between Naps on The Porch's Tablescape Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment