Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Two for Tea

You're invited to a tea for two! I've quickly set the table to enjoy a simple cup of excellent tea along with homemade raspberry and lemon muffins. These muffins are delicious! So, please, sit for a spell.


These zinnias are leftovers from a bridal shower that I co-hosted this past Sunday. I will write a post on the shower later. The dried moth was found in our backyard. I imagine that he or she lived a beautiful life, flying high in the sky on those beautiful wings!


I love how the colors just pop against the neutral wood and tatted white table runner. I also used a vintage scalloped-edged milk glass vase that I picked from a local thrift store for $0.99. The vase is made in the USA, which makes me very happy. The white moth has found a beautiful resting place.


I picked this teacup from a local thrift store for $3. It is Royal Grafton, made in England. I do not know the name of this pattern. It reminds me of the 1940's. It has a white bow wrapped around a beautiful bouquet of purple flowers.


I picked this teacup from an estate sale for $2. It is Royal Albert, made in England. It is the Woodland Series, Humming Bird pattern. I absolutely love watching humming birds. It is amazing that so much energy is packed into such a tiny and seemingly delicate bird. I was very happy to find this teacup.


I picked this pair of teapot salt and pepper shakers from the local thrift store for $2. They are vintage, made in Japan. They are the perfect addition to a tea lover's collection!

The recipe to the delicious raspberry lemon muffins can be found here.

We are linking up at Antiques and Teacups' Tuesday Cuppa Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment