Thursday, January 8, 2015

Epiphany Tablescape

"On entering the house, the three wise men saw the child with Mary his mother; and they knelt down and paid him homage." (Matthew 2:11)


This Tablescape Thursday is in celebration of the Epiphany. The Epiphany is a Christian holiday celebrating the manifestation of God the Son in Jesus Christ. The holiday focuses on the visit of the wise men to Christ and, thus, Christ's reveal to the Gentiles.

I created a simple tablescape using wintery elements. I started with a cream-colored crocheted table runner and added the iron pillar candelabras wrapped in greens. The centerpiece is composed of fresh greens that I purchased from a local nursery. I added the painted white pine cones, silver berries, and three cardinals to the centerpiece. The live greenery smells amazing!

 

These cardinal painted salt and pepper shakers are the perfect addition to the table! The set was a gift from my sweet Mother-in-Law. The artist used vintage mason jar shakers.


Here is a close-up of one of the cardinals proudly perched on the evergreen centerpiece.


I added glitter flakes around the white pillar candles on the iron pillar candelabra to look like freshly fallen snow. I love the iridescent shine! When lit, the candles will glow warmly on a very cold winter's night. The overnight temperature is 9° F.

I then added the traditional names of the three wise men using scrabble pieces. I scattered their names down the table runner along with paper curls.


Melchior is one of the traditional names of the wise men.


Balthasar is one of the traditional names of the wise men.


Gasper (also spelled Casper) is one of the traditional names of the wise men.


The cream-colored tatted napkin rings were picked from a local thrift store. The white damask dinner napkins were picked from an estate sale. Here, the napkin lays on top of the place setting.


I took pages from the responsive readings section in an old hymnal and cut out crowns for each of the six place settings. I aged the paper using a walnut stain distress ink pad. Then, I stamped a swirl flourish at the bottom using gold pigment ink. I placed the paper crown cut-outs between the red chargers and the glass dinner plates. A crystal sorbet glass was placed on top for dessert.


I used frozen cinnamon bun rolls to create this delicious King Cake. I baked one from scratch last year, but didn't have time to do the same this year. I simply sprayed a bundt cake pan with nonstick spray and added the cinnamon rolls around in a circle. I baked the cinnamon roll cake until it was golden brown and not gooey in the middle, about 20 minutes on 375°. Then, I added 2 oz. of cream cheese to the (included) two cups of icing and spread it on top. I placed the iced cake into the oven for a minute to melt the icing down into the cinnamon roll cake. Finally, I added green and pink sprinkles, since the grocery store didn't have yellow and purple.

Super easy and super yummy!


It is delicious! And since the cake is made-up of cinnamon rolls, it is okay to eat it for breakfast the next morning - or whenever you want a delicious pastry.


The American Brilliant cut crystal vase is so fitting! The star shines above the wise men on the buffet centerpiece. I placed our three wise men and baby Jesus on a mirrored surface, added glitter flakes for a snowy affect, and placed this vase with a single rose bouquet off to the side. Lucky me, I picked this vase up at a local thrift store for $1!


Here is a close-up of the gorgeous single rose bouquet with the glitter flakes shining off the mirrored surface in the background. I absolutely LOVE how this photo turned out! The Epiphany rose!


And here is what this celebration is all about! You can see the star reflected in the centerpiece mirror. I made the rustic star using river cane found in the woods on my in-laws' farm in Tennessee. It is hung on the mirror above the buffet.

I hope that you have a wonderful 2015! Stay warm, my friends!

We are linking up at Between Naps on The Porch's Tablescape Thursdays

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration! Love the clever way you spelled out the names of the kings with Scrabble tiles! Your Epiphany rose is beautiful! Many blessings for the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I loved spelling out their names with the Scrabble tiles! I almost ran out of room for Balthasar! Many blessings to you as well!

      Delete
  2. I love this very spcial celeb, the Three Wise Men, that came to greet and pay honor to the King been born.
    I love how you placed their names in the Scrabble tiles, that is smart! The dishes, the lovely centerpiece, all looks beautiful. Happy Kings Day to you and yours pretty girl.
    Hope this year is great for you all.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love this holiday just as much as Christmas. It is a wonderful way to honor the three Wise Men that paid their respects to baby Jesus. It is a good way to start off the new year! I hope that your year is filled with blessings!

      Delete
  3. Gracias por visitar mi blog. Me alegro de que te haya gustado este post. ¡Voy a visitar su blog!

    ReplyDelete