Sunday, October 27, 2013

Creating a Welcoming Fall Entrance


This year, I started decorating from the outside in. I think it's important to feel welcomed from the moment you step foot through the front door ...


I found the pumpkin wreath at Old Time Pottery last February ... long after fall. Needless to say, it was drastically discounted! The fall corn shocks came from a family friend. I saved the corn tassels that broke off and tucked them into my potted mums. The galvanized pot of mums was found at Wal-mart on clearance for $7. I also placed a little witch's hat from Kroger onto the stem of my Jack O' Lantern. I curled some fall-themed ribbon I found at Dollar Tree on the wooden bench by the front door ...


and added some miniature pumpkins tied up with green raffia ribbon that I found at a local thrift a couple of years ago. I love the curly vine that is still attached to the small pumpkin on the left!


I also added a decorative gourd on the left of the bench.


I tied a cute burlap and black chevron ribbon to the corn shocks. I also tucked in some local cotton for some added fall decoration ...


This glitzy witch sits at the bamboo table, prepared to greet our trick-or-treaters for the 31st. She was found at Lowe's Home Improvement.


This trio of grapevine pumpkins sits atop the bamboo table. This trio was found at a local thrift last year.


I hope that you have a purrfect Halloween! 










No comments:

Post a Comment