Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcoming Christmas

My formula for decorating outside for Christmas is simple. It's amazing how a few special touches make a large impact in decorating ...


This is the second year that I've used this lighted garland. I connected two lighted strands of garland together to go around the entire door frame. The garland is easily held by the corners of the vinyl siding trim work. The lighted dog figure was a gift from our in-laws. It reminds us of our Maltipoo, Piffy.


I picked the evergreen wreath form from a local thrift store for $3. I added the plastic Christmas ornaments, which we already had on hand. The jewel tones work well against the dark evergreen. It "pops" without needing any wreath lighting. I added the green light bulb so that Santa could easily spot our house :)


I added left-over ornaments to the hanging garland around the door. I love how the faceted ornaments reflect the white lights!


This is our bamboo settee that my mother-in-law bought my husband before I entered the picture. I've painted it twice in the past three years. It was a burnt orange color previously. I decided to paint it black to stand-out more against the vinyl siding. I think it looks more polished. Here, I temporarily added the poinsettias for staging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment