Friday, March 21, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Table Setting

Saint Patrick's Day is the perfect holiday to start the Spring season. All of the greens and golds remind me of grass and daffodils. Spring is my favorite time of the year. It's a season of hope. It's a promise that there are more blessings to come. Everything is brought back to life after a very cold winter ...


This holiday I decorated the table using rainbow place settings that I purchased from Kohl's. I found them in the clearance section and immediately thought of Saint Patrick's Day when I saw them. The set was extremely discounted and I used my $10 credit that I got in the mail. I bought the entire set for just a couple of dollars ...


I used my vintage silver-plated flatware that I purchased at a thrift store for $10. It is a complete set for 6, except it's missing the dessert forks. Who needs those, anyways? I got the glass plates at the dollar store. I placed paper dollies underneath for contrast. If I had 6 clovers, I would've placed those under the plates on top of the dollies as well. I used mini gold frames as placeholders. I found them in the dollar bins at Michael's!


I picked this set of 6 vintage Irish Coffee stemware at the local thrift for $4. The set is marked "Made in France" on the bottom. I fall for anything "Made in France." I especially liked the font and cloverleaves flanking the glasses.


The daffodils add a touch of Spring to the table setting. I picked the pair of green vases at a locally owned vintage store. They were drastically marked down and I got the pair for $2. They mistakenly thought they were candlestick holders. The dark green is perfect for holding bright yellow daffodils! 
  

Here are my pots of leprechaun gold - Lindt Lindor truffles that is! These make for yummy place settings. I bought the pots at the dollar store, they are salsa bowls. They come in packs of 3/$1. I used Easter grass that I got at the thrift for $0.50. I placed little shamrock scatters inside the bowls. I got a bag of them at Hobby Lobby after Saint Patrick's Day last year for 90% off.


Here is our (working) 1924 VV 410 Victrola! We found it on Craig's List. I sewed the leprechaun table runner on top. I was inspired by Pink Polka Dot Creations's Witch Boots Table Runner here. I saved the vintage-looking Lucky Charms cereal box that was released recently. Next to it is a stack of cereal bowls.


Here is a close-up of my leprechaun table runner. I added pleating, ruffling, and lots of lace!


The green and white houndstooth stockings are the perfect touch to this leprechaun's look! I used clear sewing thread to add the gold buckles to the boots. Now I need to find some good Irish music to play on my Victrola! How did you celebrate this Saint Patrick's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment